Sunday 15 April 2007

A bit of background.

"Home from Home" is a transnational collaboration involving organisations from four European Union countries (Germany, Italy, Poland and Great Britain).

The project involves working with refugee/asylum seeker musicians in each of the four countries and devising tracks to accompany a film/documentary. The approach is quite flexible and I am recording as much music as possible with the musicians I meet. However alongside the individual pieces from each country there will also be a piece that involves every musician in the project. This is a tricky task and I am trying to make it as organic as possible using the musicians improvising skills and then doing a remix of the audio recorded at the end.

This is very exciting for me as a musician as I am meeting and learning about musicians from all over the world. In order to make the most of this oppportunity I decided to keep this blog and document some of the things I learn along the way. I hope you find it interesting.

No comments: